Estrada 3.1 Features
Now Estrada authors can automatically format text (bold, italicize, underline), created bulleted lists, change font colors, insert hyperlinks, and add tables without needing to insert HTML codes. Convenient HTML Editor Tools make sprucing up your site content a breeze! *
Active Content Management
Automatically generate connections among related information throughout your site. For example, if visitors are reading a press release about your latest product, taxonomy ensures that they will also see information about other offers from that same product line, reviews of the product from other sources, articles from your publications that address this subject or industry, and any other related information. Automatic updates ensure that new content covering similar subject matter is displayed immediately and outdated content is removed--without the danger of broken links.
Estrada 3.1 supports the innovation of Active Content Management, including the scheduling of bricks so that they expire (stop displaying) after a certain date and setting of reminders for content review/expiration.
Staging and Review
If they wish, Estrada administrators now have the option of using staging, which requires all new and changed content within a site to be reviewed by a designated person before it can be published on the live Web site. Tools are available for authors and administrators to preview changes on the author and user sides as they work on, and review, the pages.
Unlimited Undo Functionality
For most types of bricks, Estrada records changes made to a brick so that authors or administrators can review and restore previous versions of the brick.
Estrada 3.1 introduces several new bricks:
· Full-text search: Estrada 3.1 offers the option of a full-text search of an entire Estrada installation in addition to a search of page and link titles only .
· Two types of email feedback: Authors will have the choice of either using the Email feedback brick, which was part of Estrada 2.6, or the Email to brick, which allows visitors to send feedback using their default email client.
· HTML gateway: The HTML gateway allows other Web pages to be presented in the content area of an Estrada page, framed by your Estrada site’s template.
· Media brick: Using the media brick, Estrada 3.1 can maintain dynamically updated links to documents, images, sound files, video, and many other types of files that have been stored in a folder that has been set up to be accessible using Internet Information Server (IIS). As authors add, remove, or modify files in the folder, the list of links that Estrada generates automatically update so that links to the latest saved copies of files in the media folder are always accessible.
Estrada 3.1 will provide the following bricks that were previously available in 2.6: page, text, link, break, and separator.
It is possible in 3.1 to place an image on a page without first making and associating it with a text brick. Also, authors and administrators can control the amount of buffer space surrounding individual images.
Administrators can customize the formatting of individual elements of pages within their site, for example, changing the color of links or how text appears.
As authors and administrators work on a site, they can add notes to brick (visible only on the author side), including any information that may be helpful to other site contributor.
Estrada 3.1 provides greater control over, and better management of, templates.
Estrada 3.1 contains new interface enhancements. The ability to select font size and style info without using HTML tags will be available for all text entries on the author side.
Estrada 3.1 also will provide a Software Developer's Kit (SDK). The SDK consists of: the Brick SDK, which allows creation of new bricks; and Pandora Dynamic Templates SDK, which allow creation of dynamic templates using scripting, documentation, and samples.
Estrada now provides support for the Oracle Database Management System for clients who wish to integrate Estrada into their information technology environments without changing their database management system.
* The HTML Editor is currently only available when authoring in Estrada through Internet Explorer versions 5.5 and higher.